Practice awareness always, but especially during the holiday season. Emotions run high this time of year and you want to avoid potential threats like muggings, attacks, and sexual assaults whenever possible. Being hyper alert while out shopping, playing, or commuting, can not only protect you but others around you. This all may or may not seem a little paranoid to you but as the adage goes, you’re better safe than sorry.
1. Hang on to your purse tightly. Avoid carrying clutches, as cute as they are, and instead get a bag that can cross your body to avoid any potential snatchers from being tempted.
2. Keep one hand free at all times. Use a backpack or a shoulder bag to carry your groceries or gifts, freeing your hands to protect yourself or to grab your phone to dial 911 if an emergency arises.
3. Get off your phone. While you are out and about partying, shopping or commuting only use your phone while you are safely indoors or inside a locked car. If you do need to make a phone call or send a text while you are out shopping, pull yourself over to a wall with your back against it, so you can still see your surroundings.
4. If seated in a food court or restaurant try to seat at the perimeter of the space, facing the door. This I learned from years of watching mobster movies. When
5. Listen to everything. If you hear a strange sound or something that makes your head turn, be sure to check it out and listen to your gut. If it sounds dangerous, it very well could be and remove yourself from the area.
6. It’s never too late to learn self defense. A few simple techniques can help save your life and others. Learn the ABC’s of self defense by Downloading a digital version of Stilettos and Self Defense and learn from the comfort of your own home. From now until December 31st, you can save 20% on a digital download of any of the 3 videos buy entering the code: stiletto holiday at checkout.