I love giving gifts, especially this time of year! So, i can’t wait to see who wins this awesome giveaway from VitaCoco. I have two coconut packs to giveaway but first can we talk about the awesomeness that is coconut oil? Then make sure you scroll down for the rules for the Crazy Coconut Giveaway by VitaCoco.
Coconut oil helps your blood sugar stabilize, which helps with weight loss. It also helps you burn more fat if you are using it as fuel. Coconut oil also contains antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal properties that help fight off nasty bugs.
Over the past few years, coconut oil has become a major staple in my life. In my kitchen, I have two oils:
1. Extra virgin olive oils: to dress salads, cooked veggies, pasta dishes, and to sauté garlic over medium heat for almost every dish I make.
2. Coconut oil: to cook at higher temperatures.
Here are my top 7 uses for coconut oil in my home:
1. Roast sweet potatoes, butternut squash and pumpkin coated in coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon and nutmeg. Eat as is, or blend with some veggie stock and make delicious seasonal soups.
2. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to your morning breakfast smoothie or post workout smoothie to help balance blood sugar and help burn fat.
3. Make veggie stir frys.
4. Bake gluten free muffins.
5. Make gluten free pancakes.
6. Use as body moisturizer. It’s cheaper and safer than most pharmacy bought moisturizers and it smells delicious.
7. My cat has even gotten a coconut oil rub to curb the hairballs.
Rules for the VitaCoco Giveaway
There are two contests going on simultaneously. The one here on the blog and one on my Instagram account. You have until Sunday, November 22nd at midnight to enter. Winner will be announced on Monday, November 23rd, 2015. Good luck!
1. Leave a comment here on the blog and tell me: What are your favorite ways to use coconut oil?
2. Sign up for my newsletter here (and you’ll get my 5 favorite smoothie recipes for free!).
3. Head to my Instagram account and look for the crazy coconut giveaway by Vitacoco and follow the rules there.