Egg Muffin Recipe from My Diet is Better Than Yours

By January 16, 2016Recipes
Egg Muffins

A lot of you were asking, so I’m giving it to you! My egg muffin recipe, that is. These tasty egg muffins are like mini quiches without the crust, therefore, making them gluten-free. Each muffin has about 8 grams of protein and only about 100 calories, making them a great snack to balance blood sugar levels. Or have 2 or 3 with a side salad and make it a meal. They are so quick and easy to make, anyone (including Taj) can make them!

Here is my Egg Muffin Recipe from My Diet is Better Than Yours

Ingredients:

12 eggs
2-3 cups of spinach depending on how healthy you want to go (can also use any leafy greens like kale or collards)
12 teaspoons goat cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 12 muffin tin with non-stick spray.
3. Blend the eggs together first in a blender.
4. Add spinach to the mixture and blend, but not completely (unless you want green muffins, which is ok too!).
5. Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of goat cheese to each muffin.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes or until tops are firm to the touch.

Feel free to add in any combo of healthy ingredients. My favorite so far, was adding leftover roasted potatoes to each muffin. Yum!

28 Comments

• Heather says:

What would be a comparable cheese, other than Goat Cheese. I can’t seem to find goat cheese in our local grocery store.

• Jennifer says:

Hi Heather! You can use any cheese really. I prefer goat or sheep cheese over cow for health reasons. But if all you can find is cow, then just try and make sure it’s organic. Enjoy!

• Marisa says:

Do you have. Y suggestions for things to add other than cheese? I am gluten and dairy free.

• Jennifer says:

I love adding roasted potatoes with rosemary and broccoli. Really any leftover veggies can be tossed in their as well. Black beans and top with salsa?

• Angela says:

Thanks so much for sharing! I added avocado and chia seeds to mine, do I keep them in the fridge for the week? Will they last a week?

• Jennifer says:

You’re so welcome Angela!
      Very interesting combo! Keep them in the fridge. As a general rule, I don’t like to keep things that I cook for longer than 5 days. But that’s my opinion. I like to cook every 2 or 3 days in smaller batches because I like fresh food.

• Annette says:

I love your diet plan! I am looking for your book of recipes, do you have a link. Love the egg muffins!!!

• Jennifer says:

Thank you Annette! Yes – I have a downloadable meal plan (4 in fact!) that you can find here: http://www.jennifercassetta.com/shop or just click on the SHOP button above. The My Diet is Better Than Yours Meal Plan is going to be the pescatarian and gluten-free Strong Safe & Sexy plan that I use on the show. You can pre-order it now and it will be ready within 2 days! Thank you 🙂

• Narkita Guzman says:

What is the serving amount for the egg bake? How many in one sitting?

• Libbie says:

I’m working on healthy snacks my daughter and I will both enjoy and so we are making these right now for an after school snack! It’s hard for her…she has 5 little brothers who eat like horses so it just doesn’t seem fair 🙂 Thanks so much!

• Jennifer says:

That’s great! Tell her I had a big brother who always tried to eat my food! The defense is all in the elbows! 🙂 Enjoy the egg muffins!

• Terry Chamness says:

Just watching last nite’s show and can’t wait to try these muffins!

• Dana Johns says:

I just wanted to thank you for sharing this. I started 2 weeks ago on a plan to cut all fast food (I’m a full time student and bartender, that was a hard change for me) and getting back into the gym. This has become my breakfast before school in the mornings, and it’s delicious! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

• Jennifer says:

You are so welcome! This is a great way to start your day! Good luck and keep it up! You will feel so good. I’m proud of you Dana!

• Illeana Viklar says:

Can you freeze some of this for a later time? How would that work???

• Jennifer says:

I personally wouldn’t freeze eggs. It sounds pretty unappetizing. But you can keep them in your fridge and eat them over 4-5 days. Enjoy!

• Kim says:

Thank you for posting this! We are snow bound in Washington, DC so I’m making these for a healthy breakfast and snacks!

• Bren says:

Do you have nutrition information per egg muffin? (e.g. Calories, Fats, etc) – I’m doing food log via online, and I do not think they have Egg Muffin on their list. I want to enter appropriate numbers for all nutritions per egg muffin. Thanks~

• Mar says:

Thank you so much. I saw this on the show and really wanted this recipe. I raise chickens and sell eggs. So, my raw materials are in the house.

• Hi Jennifer! Hey Fellow Hapkido Family! I love what you are doing out there in the world! Gonna try this recipe and wondering Is it ok to use Egg Beaters instead of eggs in this recipe? xoxoi

• Elaine Smith says:

Do you have nutritional value
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protien

• Jennifer says:

Hi Elaine – No, i do not. You can plug in all of the ingredients to your tracker and divide by the number of muffins you make, if you really need that info.