One of my first jobs working in a restaurant (I had many in college and for a few years after), was working in a sports bar on the Upper East Side that only served beer and wings. I would leave after a shift wreaking of atomic wing sauce. Soon after (not related), I became a vegetarian so my days of eating wings have been long gone. But, I do once in a while crave that hot wing flavor, just not on a bird.
So, I’ve made these buffalo cauliflower bites a few times now and they are so darn tasty, I have to share the recipe with you. They are also gluten-free, vegetarian of course, and much lower in calories than regular old wings. You can sub out the eggs or butter to make it a vegan recipe if you wish. Here you go:
Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
1 whole cauliflower head, chopped into smaller pieces
1/2 cup brown rice flour (you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour as well)
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sriracha sauce
1/4 cup hot sauce
1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine water, flour, garlic powder and salt, then beat in the egg until you have a batter.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter and place evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until batter hardens and remove from oven.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Dip the baked cauliflower in the hot sauce and place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until crispy.
Let them cool off for a bit because they will be hot!
There’s always the option to serve with a blue cheese dipping sauce, which would increase the calories a bit, but it would be delicious! Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more gluten-free recipes? Try my Strong, Safe & Sexy 21 Day Gluten Free Meal Plan.